[pskmail] Re: IC-7200

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:03:38 +0200 (CEST)

For testing the server output you can use the broadcasting feature:

write a small file ('checking server output +'), call it 'bulletin' and copy it
to ~/.pskmail

or the following in a terminal:

echo "servertest" > ~/.pskmail/bulletin

As soon as the server sees the file it will send it and erase it.

The format will be:
ZCZC
QTC de SA6BQZ-1 16.05.2011
servertest
NNNN

This is a quick way to check server output etc...

Pse limit this way of testing to the minimum, so as not to disturb traffic too
much,
or do it on a free fequency :)

Hi,

I seem to having some problems in getting out with my server.
Notised one small "non feature"!
When via pskmailrc.pl giving total controll to pskmail over the rig there is no
way of doing quick tx test to see if power out is ok. Yes, I can of course
stand by the rigg and check minute 4 every hour or wait intill pskmail is
sending a qsl to someone but it is a bit unsecure when doing changes at the
same time. It takes a bit of time so to say!!
Is there a way of running a small script to do test while pskmail is running?

73 de SA6BQZ Gunnar