[pskmail] Re: IC-707

  • From: G6CKR <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:54:08 +0000

Most client users will be using usb so give it a try.
The Fldigi help does suggest that too narrow filtering can actually make the situation worse due to ringing etc. As long as the AGC is not being seriously depressed by a strong signal that could be removed by a more narrow filter. Apart from one attempt to read a very marginal CW signal I have not used narrow filtering and in that case the improvement was very marginal. I will see if I can get RX only long term monitoring on the 40 M and have a quick go when I can.
73 Roger G6CKR

On 12/03/2011 16:39, Pär Crusefalk wrote:
Hi,

I really do not see a reason why it should not work using the 707.
The simplest of setups could be to set fldigi to 1000 Hz and the 707 to 10.146 dial with USB as mode. That should put you right on top of 10.147 and it should be fine. For a better server performance you will want to experiment using narrow filters, I guess you have to use cw for receive and split the transmission to usb. Or, what is the issue?

I think the bandplan for automated stations on 40 says 7047-7050 so 7048 should be within that segment. But, I just looked and you have DK4XI-40 on that QRG. That station transmits a lot of weather bulletins, aprs info and something else and you may experience difficulties there. There is a high risk that the servers will disturb each other. Perhaps now that you are there you will be better able to assess the situation?

73 de Per, sm0rwo

2011-03-12 10:22, SA6BQZ Gunnar skrev:
Hi,
I tested for a while to run PSKclient/server on my IC-707 could not get
it to work. When running on my IC-706 there is no problems after
changing BFO from 600 to 900 Hz.
1. Has anyone any idea if it is possible to use the IC-707. It is a bit
expensive to buy a separate unit just for the hobby of running a server
(second hand IC-706MKIIG is ~€850), the IC-706 that I am using right now
soon goes into my sailing boat;-)
2. I have had some talks with Per to change my beacon frec to from 30m
to 40m band. What frequency is recommended to use for tx and rx (RX 7048
TX 7047.1??) and minute 2 for to not get into conflict with other servers?
73 de Gunnar SA6BQZ