[pskmail] Re: I got mail!

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:16:41 +0100 (CET)

Comments below....

>Anyway, now just some (well, some many) questions:
>
>- I read the mail but saw in the manual that read mail is stored in an Inbox
>file (MBox format). I haven't been able to find that file in my home dir or
>pskmail dir.
There is a file called 'Inbox' in ~/.pskmail

>- I keep on getting the following frame, which pskmail seems not to recognize:
>    t o W  e;or c - t-xoen                                   ee
> eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>   |e e� elme  o el eme m c - w=stfo∆g=H t =tr t   H r  oeieaerlt
>in between my server conversation. Is my client missing something?

Your client is in PSK250R mode and the frame is in PSK250.

>- is it better to use PSK250R or PSK250? (pskmail indicates it changes flidgi
>mode to PSK250R but I am not suer flidgi notizes that.
The Intermar servers on 10148.0 and on other bands are using PSK250 as default
mode.
The servers on 10147.0 use default PSK500R. We prefer using the robust modes as
they are much better than the raw modes.
The next release of server and client will set the mode automatically depending
on channel conditions, i.e. on an ideal channel they will automatically use
PSK500 on ARQ, and degrade down the mode table to THOR8 for really bad channels
(unless you are in the US, there the max. speed is PSK250 because of
restrictions).  In EU PSK500R will be used as default mode for beacons and
APRS. This is not true for the servers on 10148.0
Which version of fldigi do you use? You need the RSID capability, which is used
to change modes...

>- After some minutes PSKMail seems to dis-connect from flidgi. I have to ABORT
>connection and some times to restart both apps. is this normal?
This is not normal. Again, which wersion of fldigi and client?

>- Where can I get info about twitter posting updates? Don't see how to
>configure the twitter account. By the way, this takes me to a question... are
>mail / twitter passwords broadcasted with some kind of security or no
>cyphering is used?
PSKmail tweets to the pskmail channel automatically, without using a password
over the air. Just write your tweet andhit the 'send tweet' menu entry.
For other twitter accounts you can use an APRS email service, there are several
(e.g. messagedance.com), there you need an account.
>- I see jpskmail is GPL license. Can I download the sources? I am an
>experienced JEE Java developer and probably I can help somehow the development
>team.
Ask Per, SM0RWO for a password if you want tocontribute. Download is always
possible (http://www.crusefalk.se/websvn/).
>- I know this last one is a flidgi question, but I've followed configuration
>stated in pskmail unfinished doc but can't make red modem band in waterfall to
>remain static in 10148 frequency. I deactivate AFC yellow button and narrowed
You must first start fldigi and then pskmail. Set 10 Hz limits in the PSK/Mail
tab...

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com