[pskmail] Happy new year

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:16:33 +0100

Happy new year to all readers of this list!
I hope 2008 will bring you happiness and good health.

2007 has been an interesting year for pskmail. The European infrastrucure
has improved to a level where we can use pskmail from all over the continent,
and in US we have seen a steady increase in interest. We even have
a 24/7 server on the map in Australia.

Version 0.5.x seems to be stable, and there are various possibilities
to run pskmail from Mandriva and puppy live CD's, there is now even a
solution for the windows plarform which gives excellent results.
The switch to PSK250 is giving excellent speed,
and it is now difficult to fancy how it was in the PSK63 days :)

No doubt pskmail will see more improvements in 2008. I am now dividing
my time between CW contesting, dxpeditioning, TLFand pskmail development, and
the family.

Currently I am working on a new puppy live CD based on version 3.01, which
enables the use of USB/serial converters, includes fldigi 2.07, and
will also include the ham programs needed for contesting like TLF, colordx,
fl_logbook and grig. It will include cwdaemon (runs like breeze on puppy) and
the new
daemon supporting the use of the winkey keyer. There will also be a new
protocol for
sending dxpedition log files via pskmail (which is what is was made for in the
first place).

Enough to make 2008 a busy year...

I hope we can keep up the level of support for newbies on this mailing list,
and
I count on your support testing the stuff. We could also use some help in
the documentation arena...

C.U. and 73,

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com