[pskmail] Re: Gpsd and Mandriva 2007 works

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:34:51 +0100

Yes, a telnet client is necessary to test the gpsd server.
(also don't forget to include gpsd, gpsstat.pl and GPSstat.glade, and of course
gpsget.pl for those gps's not working wih gpsd).

As soon as the beta is ready I will test it here (thinkcow has a bluetooth gps
as well).

I guess the problem has been the sequence of events... You probably need to
manually start gpsd instead of via gpsdrive, to control how it starts.
Moreover, gpsd would only start as root once I had installed it. That is good
for
having it do the ntp stuff.

So first connect the gps, then start gpsd.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com