[pskmail] Re: Gmail login problems?

  • From: Jan Bruggeman <jan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 23:34:25 +0200

Hello all,

Only lately have I been able for the first time to login and do a complete mail cycle (send / receive) thru pskmail. Only OE5RTL and 9A1CRA are audible at my site, and this very irregularly.

I had the same experience with Gmail thru both OE5RTL and 9A1CRA. This is an issue at Google site, not an pskmail thing.

Google sends you an email reporting a suspicious login attempt. I don't remember exactly where, but that mail gives you the possibility to click a "I know what I'm doing" button, which will inmediately enable login attempts from that client for a while. Unfortunately that while is too short for my purposes. So if you would retry later the same day, google login will work, but not one week later. I have not found a way to permanently add a "foreign client" to a whitelist or something similar. If anyone has, please advise.

I've shifted to another pop mail account (luckily I had one). No problems with that one.

--
mvg,
Jan Bruggeman - ON4AIN

web: http://www.aubine.be
mail: jan@xxxxxxxxx

On 06-05-14 19:03, moleonacid@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello All,

Its been a long time since I have used PSKmail and a lot has changed. I seem to be having some success with an outfit I have put together for the purpose. Briefly:

FT-817 at 5W with data port VOX mod.
Sony Xperia U running Andpskmail B0-99-2
Homebrew 1m dia portable magloop made of LMR400.

My beacons are getting out and being head, I can see myself on the map. I can connect to servers, OE5RTL is consistent to this QTH on the magloop.

I have updated OE5RTL with my details, but it seems the server can’t access my gmail even though I have POP3 enabled. I have tried updating my details a couple of times just in case of a bad copy. After my most recent attempt google said there had been some “suspicious activity” trying to access my account - obviously it’s not suspicious, just google being too clever for its own good! So what am I doing wrong? Have I not got POP3 set up properly?

I’m also finding that sometimes the client will not do as I ask. For instance, trying to get a list of server freqs from the info pane results in a little pop up message saying its trying to get the messages from the web but never seems to try? Trying to send my mail often does not actually occur even though I press the button and see the popup. Perhaps this is just the client waiting for the right moment to send the message? Perhaps it is busy doing other things?

All in all I’m closer to having this working than I’ve ever been. It sounds a bit crazy, but it’s my 30th birthday at the end of this month and I am going to tour Wales with my lovely YL. I’ve been dreaming of the trip for a long time and always pictured sending my loved ones an email on my birthday from some remote campsite with no cell coverage using PSKmail. I’ve only recently got the hardware sorted to do it and now I’m trying to make the dream a reality. I’d love to get the email working before this trip!

Many thanks and 73 to all,
de Dave M0MYA.