[pskmail] GPS signal loss

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:06:46 +0100

Hello,

I am running jpskmail 1.5.29, I have noticed that if I loose GPS signal for a
few minutes, a box appears indicating this has occurred, it appears that
beaconing stops, no new fixes are updated until the ok box is acknowledged.

Is it possible that the software could just wait and carry on when GPS signal
is restored, or does it do this but freezes the screen only. I can see that I
may loose GPS signal on my next trip, ( going through long tunnels or in a
forest ) I may not be able to operate the PC and acknowledge this message to
resume operation, this would leave large gaps in my track and mean I will have
to have the PC mounted where I can monitor it constantly.

I hope there may be a setting to disable this.

Thanks for your help.

Vic

G0RAS