[pskmail] GPS and PSKmail "Western hemisphere bug"??

  • From: Robert Krasowski <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:40:27 -0800 (PST)

Still torturing PSKmail....

This time I worked with gpsd
It did not function properly but after few trials I learned that have to simply
restart gpsd to make it work.

From terminal:

 killallgpsd
 rm /var/run/gpsd.sock

That will stop whatever is not working and next starting again :

gpsd /dev/ttyASM0

After that I started xgps which nicely shewed me all data from GPS.

Later I reconfigurated my jPSKmail client with  Preferences/Edit/Devices ->
marked Use gpsd

Proudly I was able to see my position in APRS window, the problem - Longitude
stay EAST !!
I see data out of GPS in xgps and it is correct, but in jPSKmail I am in
Eastern hemisphere. Please look at the attached picture.
I am affraid that "minus" is missing somwere in the code.

Well, anybody has any suggestions??
I keep torturing PSKmail......

73
Robert