[pskmail] Re: GPS USB & LiveCD

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:07:21 +0100

I have yet to see a gps that rxtx does not work with... The issue could
be just as well be caused by gpsd that sets sirf mode and 38400 bps in
those devices. The standard gps should do nmea and 4800 bps. I commented
out the line that at the start of jpskmail that can take the gps out of
sirf and into nmea as I didn't think we should change the preset mode of
the gps. The gpsd team seems not to care about such issues and happily
sets sirf mode as soon as it sees a gps.

73!