[pskmail] Re: [Fwd: [raynethf] GlobalSET Report - May 08]

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:06:44 +0200

Hi all,

I have intended to comment on this for quite some time, better late than
never I guess. When looking at this report you may see that yours truly
did participate and did send a message.

To participate I went to my boat, which looks like this:
http://www.qvalinova.se/maxisidorna/images/baatarna/maxi_77/maxi_77_spraengskiss.jpg

I had my FT-897 and a dell laptop with me, antenna was a 3 meter
vertical (which is now replaced with an extra backstay). I set up the
station, connected to my server and sent an email to the SET address.
I then tried pskaprs messages and found the /mm bug, I fiddled around
with that for a while and then started to alter the antenna, earthings
etc. Actually, it was almost too easy to send messages so I started to
fix other things and sort of forgot about the test...
I realize now that I should have been more persistent and sent many more
messages, I guess I will have to do better next time :-)

73 de Per, sm0rwo