[pskmail] Fldigi search range.

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 17:51:24 +0200

Attached is a screen shot of the psk modem config for fldigi-2.10.3 as I use
them on
my client and on the PI4TUE server...

A large search range is of no use for PSKmail. We work on fixed channels, and
the
only function of the AFC is to keep the phase in order and take care of
signal acquisition. If you make search range too large fldigi will hunt for
signals in a wider band than necessary... on the server the figures are
even tighter, 20 Hz carrier offset and 40 Hz search range...

Hope this helps,

73,

Rein Pa0R

--