[pskmail] Re: Fldigi 3.02 stable?

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:34:33 +0200

Fldgi 3.02 is not stable.

I have been running a special debug version of 3.02 (binary) on the client for
a few days and it crashes every night.
Dave and Stelios have the stack dumps etc. and I suppose they are working on
it. Looks like
there is still a serious memory leak (which is normal for C++ programs).

For Roberto: the error is not in the server, it is the mqueue handler in fldigi
which stops
working. That means pskmail is not getting an ack from from fldigi anymore.
In the client you can see when it happens because the '>' sign in the status
line will
not go away after sending a packet. That is a sure sign you need to restart
fldigi.

PI4TUE runs 3.0 on the server, and that has not crashed since more than a week.

Running 3.02 on the eeePC still has the same error: entering characters into
the
TX field crashes not only the program but the whole X server. This also happens
when pskmail is not running.

Fldigi 3.0 brought a big improvement in handling the sweet spot so I hope Dave
will soon
solve the problems so that we can run 3.0x safely. I can send you a working
binary of 3.0
if needed.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com