[pskmail] Re: File uploads via PSKMail.

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 06:54:48 +1000

Hi Rick,

I can't answer your first question but regarding the BBS function, PSKMail
is certainly capable of doing that already.

Asssuming that two or more stations connect at different times to the same
PSKMail server (let's call it "XYZ"), they can leave email messages for each
other in the local mail box.

The difference with an internet email is that the To address needs to be
"TheOtherStationCallSign@XYZ". With XYZ being the server callsign the
stations connect to.

Of course the server does not need to have connection to the internet if
only the local mail box is used.

Upon connection to the server, the clients receives a message with the
server's version, followed by the letter "L" and the number of local mails
and then the letter "M" and the number of internet mails (if an internet
connection is available).

For managing the mail locally stored on the server from a client, use the
Mbox menu items (list, read and delete) after connection to the server.

Hope this helps.

73, John (VK2ETA)