[pskmail] Re: FLDIGI Hangs

  • From: Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:09:21 -0400

Wow did not mean to stir up a hornets nest but sometimes we make things better.

This is a preliminary answer with information I have at hand up until now.

On 3/21/2012 11:39 AM, Remi Chateauneu wrote:
(1) Do you have the same problem with fldigi alone and nothing else significant on your computer ?
I have used fldigi on various machine laptops and desktops for many years I think since the original version.

I have never had any trouble with the program and have been recommending.

I have one experience with a fellow ham who was using it on Windows XP and it gave us many problems.

Having said that My Answer to Number 1 is that No I do not experience hangs when run alone.

(2) Are you able to run the debugger "gdb" and see where fldigi is hanging ? (If necessary I will give the exact sequence of commands)
I will do this as soon as finish the current experiment which is running it from the command line. This seems to have made some difference since it has been running and filling the command window with I:ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R.
So far it has run longer than it has for the past week.
I do not have any of the Rig Control Functions Checked as I cannot control the radio it is quite old. I do have XML-RPC checked.

(3) Same problem when fldigi is not minimized ?
Does Not Matter

(4) Can you see the logged information (And send them)? This might tell what fldigi is doing when it hangs.
I am collecting this from the command window and will send it as soon as it crashes

(5) Is the problem entirely predictible ? (Always happen in exactly the same circumstances ).
No Not predicatable

(6) Can you see what were the interaction between pskmail and fldigi when it happened (There might be a race condition in the xml-rpc server, this is whay it does not happen with fldigi alone).
As far as I know and the problem is I am not present when it happens I have this work disease that prevents me from being present I can only visit it every once in a while.

(7) Can you run fldigi in debug mode and try to reproduce the problem (And see the logging information) ?
I will do this as well once I finish the current evolution,

Eric

--
KZ5ED
Eric