[pskmail] Re: FLDIGI Hangs

  • From: "remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx" <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:33:07 +0000

There's a fldigi internal queue whose size has to be increased.
There was a talk about this.? Probably, John already applied these changes somewhere:

<mailto:remi.chateauneu@gmail.**com <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > Hi again John,
>>  >
>>  > Probably, a processing queue cannot be emptied quickly enough.
>>  > Apart from speeding up your code, you might try these changes, they
>> may help a bit:
>>  >
>>  > (1)
>>  > qrunner.h
>> > LOG_ERROR("qrunner: thread %" PRIdPTR " fifo full!", GET_THREAD_ID());
>>  > Replaced by;
>>  > LOG_ERROR("qrunner: thread %" PRIdPTR " fifo full at %s!",
>> GET_THREAD_ID(),typeid(F).**name() );
>>  >
>>  > So that we will see with which function it happens.
>>  >
>>  > (2)
>>  > src/qrunner/qrunner.cxx:
>>  > #define FIFO_SIZE 2048
>>  > Replaced by;
>>  > #define FIFO_SIZE 8192
>>  >
>>  > So that the queue will be bigger and might leave enough time for
>> processing.
>>  >
>>  > (3)
>>  > ./configure --enable-optimizations=native
>>  >
>>  > This should produce a code with better instructions.
>>  >
>>  > (4)
>>  > In m4/opt.m4
>>  >
>>  > OPT_CFLAGS="-O2 -ffast-math -finline-functions"
>>  >
>>  > Replaced by
>>  >
>>  > OPT_CFLAGS="-O3 -ffast-math -finline-functions"
>>  >
>>  > As well, the code should be slightly faster.
>>  >
>>  > Hope this helps.
>>  >
>>  > Cheers
>>  >
>>  > Remi

Le 23.03.2012 19:36, Eric Davenport a écrit :
I have some more information that may be important or a guidance to all.

JPSKMail ran for a number of hours today and then FLDIGI froze and
created a 250Meg Status_Log.TXT

Most of it was filled with the following.

I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1050 Hz
I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1050 Hz
I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
I: apply: RSID: BPSK250 @ 1050 Hz
I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
and this went of till I stopped it at 250 megs.

Hope this helps us.