[pskmail] Error "Could not store setting: XXXXX"

  • From: Robert Grundulis <robertmartinbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:42:42 +0100

Hello all,

I've been trying for some time to get pskmail running on my machine. The
problem I keep encountering is an error message that pops up when I try to
start the application and when I try to change settings...

"Could not store setting: XXXX" Where XXXX is a different setting such as
OUTPUTMIXER, SERVER, BEACONQRG, LONGITUDE etc. The setting that appears is
random and the message will reappear several times in succession with a
different setting mentioned on each occurrence.

I have seen this issue mentioned before in the list archive, but the
solutions offered don't seem to work for me.

I'm using jpskmail version 2.0.33 and Win 7 64 bit. I have tried using both
32 and 64 bit versions of Java in admin and non-admin modes.

I can confirm the preferences folder is in the appdata folder of my
personal (non-admin) account. When I delete it jpskmail recreates it.

I thought I would try version 1.5.11 and had the same problem.

Can anyone assist? I'm assuming it's a Java issue of some sort, but I;m at
a loss to figure it out.

--
Thank you,
Robert Grundulis EI2HNB