[pskmail] Email Info Server

  • From: Jeff Davis <ke9v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:53:52 +0000

Greetings,

I've been thinking of creating an email information processor. Something
that a pskMail user could send an email to and receive an email reply with
the requested information.

Actually I'm just looking for an excuse to play with sed, formail, sendmail,
perl and wget. :-)

It would work something like this:

- a user sends an email request with a keyword like "INFO" in the subject
line.

- the processor responds by sending a complete list of available information
that can be individually triggered by Subject line request.

- using Subject line keywords (or keywords in the body), specific
information could be returned via email.

A simple example might be a request for the latest ARRL Letter -- a bit more
complex might be a request to return the last 5 or 10 eHam reviews of a
certain piece of equipment. Latest propagation bulletins, other newsletters,
last five blog entries with comments, the first chapter of a public domain
book, etc.

The list is endless; anything that might be useful to a traveler who uses
pskMail for communication while away from home.

But here's my question -- am I re-creating the wheel -- does this
functionality already exist?

--
73 de Jeff, KE9V