[pskmail] Easter story;-)

  • From: "Gunnar Bulukin" <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 21:24:15 +0200

Hi,

Yesterday I had a visit in the harbor of Grötö from a boat that was going to
sail "way out west".
I had my Asus eeepc with me because I was reprogramming his AIS and I took
the chance of showing him Pskmail client. One small problem: no way of
connecting between my computer and his rig!!
What to do? Turning on the mike and  loudspeaker on my computer and pressing
ptt on his rig and at the same time sending a beacon from my computer to
sa6bqz-1 and "eureka" it worked with no problems!!! He was very impressed.
One more user sold to the project!!

Regarding SA6BQZ-1 server I am slowly coming to the conclusion that my
knowledge in Linux, Pskmailserver and HF is elementary and I do not know
with whom or where to get the time to get everything working. The problem
with the SQL is still there even if I try to follow the guidance from Rein
and Robert.
Many times when coming back from work checking  the server the TX is on and
has been so for many hours and I can not understand why.
Interesting is that with the new antenna I can gate from Island to Sicily so
something is working;-)
Still thou, it is not a fully working server where clients can download
grib´s and web  for example. As Per once pointed out to me (or vice versa)
we should not fill the air with servers instead of users so the best way is
maybe if I turn my server of for the moment and maybe turn it on again after
the summer when I have the time to spend in the "spaceshuttle" as my wife
calls it (it looks more like the inside of a cockpit, to me, when havig
removed the instrumentpanels;-) )

To every one a Happy Easter!

73 de SA6BQZ Gunnar

www.vagspel.se <http://www.vagspel.se/>

P Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail ask yourself:- "Do I need a hard copy?"