[pskmail] Does this work on VHF?

  • From: "Steven Pituch" <list3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 11:34:46 -0600

Hi all,
Klint and I are anxious to make some contacts with PSKMail asap.  However,
Klint will not get his General License and HF priveleges until about
February 15th.  We are trying to drum up more local help in the form of
other HF operators, but this all has got me thinking.  We are concentrating
on HF but of course this whole PSKMail thing seems to be able to compete
with Winlink and Pactor III in at least some categories.  I am wondering
what is stopping us from using PSKMail on 2 meters FM, like packet is used.
Klint has told me that he has already done PSK31 on 2 meters.

So my questions are: 1) will PSKMail work on 2 meters, and 2) is it legal to
do that here in the USA?

Also it seems many of us are chomping at the bit looking for contacts so if
anyone in the USA area wants to put a server up for a few hours on a
frequency that has a chance of reaching Texas, please let the list know!

73,
Steve, W2MY
Corpus Christi, TX, USA

2:50 PM