[pskmail] Couple of Server questions

  • From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:35:42 -0500

Hi -

I installed Ubuntu 7.10 yesterday, along with all the updates that are
available.  I then installed the PSKmail server as per the instructions for
Ubuntu 7.04 on the Wiki.  It took a while, especially when I got to the step
that involved SSLeay.  I think I finally got it all in there ok....

I also installed the latest version of fldigi - 2.09, and it seems to be
working
well.

Now for the questions -

1 - I start fldigi with a terminal window, and then open another terminal
window and start PSKmail server.  It does not seem to be "talking" to fldigi -
i.e. - fldigi never transmits a beacon when the server starts up.  I have not
had a chance to see what happens when someone connects.  What step
have I left out that tells rflinkserver.pl to use fldigi to talk to the world??

2 - one of the installation steps involved the creation of the word table
folder
.cbh, and copying a couple of files there.  Where are those files (word_table
and cbh_code.pl) I need to copy?

Yesterday K4ZLE and I were able to connect and read a mail message
using the Puppy Distro at each end.  However - it still  says "-2 e-mails" are
preseent even tho there aare several available to read.  He was able to read
them, but only after I told him on the telephone the messages were really
there waiting to be read ;>)  Hopefully Ubuntu will take care of that issue.

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US