[pskmail] Re: Connection problems on 10146 Dial

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:49:30 +0200

Il 20/08/2010 02:30, John Douyere ha scritto:

1. The mode change seems to be happening as it should, since I can see
in the log below that some requests were made in PSK250R and others in
PSK500R.

When you change the mode in pskmail, it does not change the mode in
Fldigi immediately. The mode change in Fldigi happens just before the
connect request (in fact just before any transmission).

There is some my mistake:
Under Menu Mode I see Set Server Mode and a list of modes
If I set a mode (for example MFSK32) Fldigi change to this mode but at TX time it change to mode set under Server Mode If I set Server Mode to MFSK32, Fldigi change to this mode and trasmit in this mode. But server response (see SM0RWO log al 13.21 of today) is in PSK500R and Fldigi don't decode the answer.

What are steps for send my ping/beacon/connection request in MFSK32 and have answer from server changing rx mode, if needed?

For connections to SM0RWO you may start with a more robust mode and
let the server adjust it upwards automatically. Here is the list of

This is results for my test with SM0RWO

- set RxID and unset TxID on Fldigi
- set Server Mode to MFSK32 on my client
- set mode to MFSK32 and Fldigi show this mode in status bar
- connect SM0RWO

And I have my first (partial) PSKMail QSO in Thor22 mode.
Not so bad!

Now I wait Roberto answer. My RX of SM0RWO is not so good.

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW