[pskmail] Connecting a GPS to Jpskmail

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:11:09 +0100

Hello,

Thought I would try and connect a GPS to the PC so I could take advantage of
the APRS beacon functionality, but it seems jpskmail can not connect to the com
port, I have two usb to serial converters connected (OS is win7) com 10 and 11,
at first I thought it was a problem with one of the converters, so I set fldigi
to use each com port in turn for the PTT control and this was successful, so I
guess that the converters are ok, maybe the difference is the GPS will be
passing data as well as serial interface control.

The Jpskmail install was done from the directory archive, I recall there was
something that did not get installed when doing it this way, could this be the
cause?, maybe something else is required to be done to enable this
functionality or do I have a driver issue?

Any help is apreciated.

Regards

Vic

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/