[pskmail] Connect / delivery question

  • From: "Decossas, Michael" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 18:15:00 -0500

Hi all,
     I just started working with pskmail. I am a big fan of "non propriety"
systems. I have finally got the FT-857D/signalink combination talking on
pskmail. I connected to wb5con and got a response of "Hi KB5OZE, pse update
your reco3A44<SOH>03"rd ". I am not quite sure what this means. Can anyone give
me an idea?

Also, I monitor my output on another radio and noticed that the audio pitch of
my signal is much lower compared to wb5con.

If I can get this working on the client side, I would like to set up another
"mail system" and have at least another 6 or 8 hams in my area that would be
very interested in using and working with pskmail. We have access to some
"hardened" facilities that have a pretty good chance of staying fully
operational during another Katrina type event.

My main operation is for EmComm work, but would love to be able to use while my
family and I are camping, etc. Living in Southeast Louisiana has shown the
importance of amateur radio and its usefulness...

Thanks,

Mike - KB5OZE

www.decossas.com<http://www.decossas.com/>

www.selcoms.org<http://www.selcoms.org/>