[pskmail] Client version 0.5.1

  • From: "Per Crusefalk" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:58:44 +0200

Version 0.5.1 of jPSKmail is now on the mirrors.

The changelist here is not very extensive:
- Layout changes for main window
- Email window somewhat changed (addressee text was a bit cut)
- On linux only its now possible to run GPSD instead of direct serial port
- Improved error handling for serial port
- Shows outgoing APRS text in APRS window
- Shows outgoing APRS text in terminal window
- Cosmetic change to monitor window
- Date message
- Installer will now install the RXTX libs for Windows (only windows)

Regarding the installer I altered it so that it searches for an installed
java and copies the rxtx stuff to it (only windows, its better to install
librxtx-java on linux). I tested that on xp and test reports are most
welcome. For the future installer I am thinking it should:
- At start look for java, if not found then stop the install or launch
java installer (windows only, better just display message on linux) ?
- At start look for fldigi, launch installer/prompt if not found?

Comments welcome :-)