[pskmail] Re: Client problem with Ubuntu 10.04

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:42:48 +0200

Il 01/06/2010 15:12, Klaus Lohmann ha scritto:
I had the same situation with gpsd. No timeout. Deactivation of gpsd helps.
Most comfortable solution would be to have gspd in the dropdown list and
the ability to enter own device name. I have a USB gps mouse which
appears as /dev/ttyACM0.

Solved.

The problem was gpsd running in daemon mode without any gps connected but with a USB to serial converter used for TNC connection.

For some bug or error in gpsd this converter is seen as a GPS without any output, so an infinite timeout.

Now I have modified in /etc/default/gpsd from "daemon=true" to "daemon=false" and all is working.

But in Jpskmail can we have a switch "no GPS at all" ?

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW