[pskmail] Re: Client problem with Ubuntu 10.04

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <kl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 15:12:32 +0200

Pär Crusefalk schrieb:
Hi,

Have you got gpsdrive or gpsd installed?
I had a freeze thing related to that before, I just had to wait for a
timeout while it tried to connect gpsd... Shouldnt be that way of course
but if you lack gpsd then perhaps you can try to install it?
Or, just try to launch jpskmail and wait a minute or two. If it starts
to work after a few minutes then its gpsd related.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

tis 2010-06-01 klockan 11:17 +0200 skrev Franco Spinelli:
2010/6/1 Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Can you start jpskmail from a terminal? There are probably
        error messages
        written to the terminal.
cd jpskmail
        java -jar javapskmail.jar
If I start jpskmail from a terminal I get no error at all.

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW

Hello.
I had the same situation with gpsd. No timeout. Deactivation of gpsd helps.
Most comfortable solution would be to have gspd in the dropdown list and
the ability to enter own device name. I have a USB gps mouse which
appears as /dev/ttyACM0.

I'm not at home the next couple of weeks, so won't be able to test
anything on the Linux side.

73's
Klaus, DL4OAH