[pskmail] Bleeding edge for servers.

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:45:55 +0200

Hi,

Rein told me someone had trouble with smtp servers that require plain
authentication. I have commited an updated rflinkserver.pl to subversion
that handles no authentication, plain and tls auth. The behaviour is set
by the variable $smtpauthlevel in pskmailrc.pl (also in that change
list). The existing smtptlsuser and smtptlspass is used to set your
username and password at the smtp server.
While at it I added the mandatory date header for emails that we have
been missing (emails will bounce on certain servers without it).

For those bold enough to test its available under servers in subversion,
the url is http://www.crusefalk.se/pskmail/
You need rflinkserver.pl and the $smtpauthlevel is in pskmailrc.pl.
I recommend a proper client for subversion, that way you can see the
revision comments, but any browser will get you the files.

Pse let me know if you test it and what the outcome was.

73 de Pär, sm0rwo

P.s. I generated a propagation prediction for my server, that is here:
http://www.crusefalk.se/sm0rwo/
Its quite interesting to play around with, I will change my scan
according to this.