[pskmail] Re: Basic info for starters

  • From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 19:59:02 -0500

Hi  Klint -

Welcome to the group!  he guys in EU are doing a great job answer
questions.  I am a day or so ahead of you , but I am looking forward to
seeing the answqers to your questions posted here, since they will answer a
few questions I know I willhave but had not gotten around to answering yet!

I have been working with another ham locally here in NW Ohio getting
PSKmail running.  So far I have gotten Linux on the hard drive of my laptop,
fldigi is running, and both the PSKmail client and server seem to be running,
but I have ot been able to get the client and server to talk to each other.
think I am pretty close tho!

Ed - W3NR - has had a server up on and off for a couple of days on 10.142,
but I don't think anyone actually moved anything in/out of it.  There are a
couple of other folks that have had servers up, but I don't recall when or
where.  As soon as I get a server going, I will try to set it up  for testing
by
everyone on this side of the Atlantic.  Not sure what frequency yet - probably
near 10.142.  Right now I am testing on 21.090 when I have it up.  15 is
pretty dead, so all our testing is not bothering many people!  ;>)

I am running an FT857D with a tuner into a 80/40 dipole, so I can put a
signal up on most of the bands if you want to try a PSK125 QSO with fldigi.

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US