[pskmail] Re: Back from Cyprus

  • From: "Kenneth Chong, DDS" <kac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:01:09 -0800

Per Crusefalk wrote:

Hi all,

I just got back home from Cyprus. I brought my FT-817, a 4 meter wire antenna and my laptop so I wanted to try some PSKmail from there. I did some predictions before I went there and they all Indicated that it would be close to impossible to make it work. 3-5 watts and a tiny wire antenna
was just not good enough. I decided to try anyway ;-)

So, 3 watts and 2950 km distance makes 983 km per watt !
Pretty good :-)

73 de Per, sm0rwo

Hi Per,

Great! Results like this should make folks look! Really nice pix too. Slowly but surely those of us in CA will be on the air with PSKmail. Howard, W6IDS in
IN is also trying hard to get started.

73  and thanks...

Ken WB6MLC