[pskmail] Re: BBS for emergency communications

  • From: "Rich Hudgins" <rhudgins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:03:56 -0600

This has raised a point that I have thought about some and would like to
comment on.  First during Hurricane Rita it would have been of first
importance to be able to send either email or simple text messages
between clients.  This would allow some sort of message form to be
followed.  Second store and forward should be implemented between
clients in the same sort of autonegotioate mode that mesh networking
uses.  That is if one of the clients on the air in the self forming net
has a connection to an internet server then all mail is forwarded to
that station.  To do this first all stations on the common frequency
would have to recognize each other and also who everyone can talk to as
well as build a simple path [route] to each client.  Something like that
would be of great usefulness in an emergency.  If each station builds a
route list for the stations it hears and assigns a route index based on
the amount of retries  and broadcasts this list periodicaly then the
rest would be straight forward.
Rich Hudgins N5ale
Ps I know its not as easy as I make it sound but it would be the first
dynamic network on HF that I know about.