[pskmail] Re: Aw: quick start guide?

  • From: Drew Smith <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:30:31 -0700

Hey Rein,

Ok, I just tried exactly that here - the file is already associated with Java
(and shows a coffee cup icon), but I tried right-click, open-with. My options
are WinRAR or "Java(™) Platform SE binary". I select that, and wait, and wait,
and wait. After about ten seconds I see no further disk activity and no binary
opens. I have installed Sun's Java Runtime Environment v7u9.

FWIW, *I* know that I need a JRE installed to run a java binary, but that
simple fact isn't mentioned anywhere on the pskmail.org website! That tiny bit
of missing information would bewilder at least a third of the ham operators I
know. :)

Cheers,
- Drew.

--