[pskmail] Re: Aw: jpskmail 2.0.13.jar

  • From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:48:24 +0100

From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012   Time: 12:09:43

Looks like you are missing the RxTx java library for serial
communications.
This is used by the GPS.
The right install procedure is:
* install jpskmail-1.5.8 with the installer, this will set up the complete
environment in the jpskmail directory
* copy jpskmail-2.0.13 (or 14) into this jpskmail directory
* start with java -jar javapskmail-2.0.13 (or 14)
Now java should be able to find the RxTx library.
Rein PA0R

Thanks Rein

I should have thought of that. I did read the manual, and saw that the RxTx library is not required if you don't have a GPS. As I don't have a GPS, I didn't think any more about it. I guess you need to fix the documentation.

I will try your suggested procedure later today.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW