[pskmail] Aw: jPSKmail 2.xx and Openjdk

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:52:53 +0200 (CEST)

Christian,

meanwhile the problem in Open JDK are solved, at least with Lubuntu 12.04:
rein@grumpy:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.3) (6b24-1.11.3-1ubuntu0.12.04.1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

The probleem was in the routines handling the audio mixers. That should have been
gone when using PulseAudio.
It is still necessary to LEAVE PAVUCONTROL RUNNING, otherwise
decode will not work.
We are now in a position that it works on both java flavours....

Hi All,
I really appreciate the effort of integrating the modem into the client, so I think in the long run it's the way to go- ease of use, easier maintenance - you name it.
On the other hand it currently relies on SunJDK- at least according to the website. I think it is paramount to make it work with OpenJDK or GNUJDK. What are the problems there? Hard to fix?
Or is it that just some odd features are not supported?
Any Information on that?
Thank you very much, for your answers as always,
Christian