[pskmail] Re: Aw: Server upload (Was Server stomping on client).

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 11:42:27 +0200

Missing execution rights for the scripts in 1.7.1? Added it manually.

73, Klaus

Am 09.05.2012 11:19, schrieb Rein Couperus:
OK, to make it absolutely clear I have bumped the version number of the server
up to pskmail_server-1.7.1.tar.gz.

It is available on http://www.pskmail.org/PSKMaildownloads.html

The combination of jpskmail-2.0.11.jar and this server makes my connections go
up to PSK500, whereas the previous server always ends up using THOR22...

Just tested on SA6BQC-1; a 2k file downloaded OK but the connection went down to THOR22.
On PI4TUE the connection went up to PSK500 on the same file.
SA6BQC-1 is much stronger than PI4TUE here, so it is really worth while trying :-)

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Ah, it's great that at least two other stations have seen the same problem (and it's not just my insanity).

I'm leaning toward John's advice on going back to the stable version, I might as well test your fixes before I do.

Where do I download this file? The download site doesn't show a new file name. I did do a md5sum of the new pskmail_server-1.6.5.tar and an old one (of the same file name) I had laying around and they did come out different, so it looks like the file contents have changed even if the file name hasn't. The new archive has rflinkserver.pl and arq.pm last touched April 25.
Do I have the correct archive?

Thanks for any hints,

Steve.

On 05/09/2012 05:29 PM, Rein Couperus wrote:

    I have had the same issues here. I debugged it and changed the code.
    Uploaded to http://pskmail.org yesterday (pskmail_server-1.6.5alpha).
    Pse try this one first, it been tested succesfully on PI4TUE.

    Rein PA0R

    Steve,

    There is something wrong with the behaviour of the code there.
    This is not the behaviour that is intended.

    Can you try the stable version 1.5.0 from the www.pskmail.org
    <http://www.pskmail.org> download site instead of the alpha and
    see what behaviour you get, otherwise we have too many variables
    and we will be chasing our tail.

    73, John

    On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Steve <stevez@xxxxxxxxxx <#>> wrote:

        OK, with the server txdelay set to 8, I get an almost perfect
        client/server session. It does still want to talk over the top
        of the client, but it seems to be only taking out post-amble now.
        I'm going to up the time to 10 or 12 and see how it goes.

        The sorry, wrong password problem is very annoying though. If
        I delete my record on the server (using the perl script to
        delete my callsign, or just brut-force "rm rflink_users.db"),
        I can update database from the client and operate perfectly.
        As soon as I disconnect and reconnect though, I get the
        dreaded "sorry, wrong password" problem and nothing I can do
        will change that from the client side :-(

        Still, I'm almost enjoying this challenge ;-)

        Thanks again,

        Steve.