[pskmail] Re: Aw: Server IP addresses?

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 18:27:43 +0200

Hi,

Unfortunately my ISP no longer lets me use a fixed IP. DHCP will make my server change now and then. It is tied to crusefalk.se so a lookup of that would provide the number.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

P.s. Just got a raspberry pi 3, looks good.

Den 2016-05-04 kl. 16:27, skrev Rein Couperus:

Hi Alex,
afaik the only way to get a list of ip numbers isvia sending an email to
the relevant sysop... the server addresses are not stored at pskmail.org.

The reverse lookup function is available at http://pskmail.org/checkip.html.
Here you can check if a certain ip number belongs to a pskmail server.
Of course there is always a way to find the address of the servers, although you
would need to do some work... just install a POP3 server locally and do a POP3
request via the servers you can reach...

I could add a function to list addresses on pskmail.org, but I am not sure the server sysops
are in favour of that.
What is the general idea amongst sysops... do we need such a list of ip addresses?
What do you think?

73,

Rein PA0R
*Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 04. Mai 2016 um 15:34 Uhr
*Von:* "A Mulder" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*An:* pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Betreff:* [pskmail] Server IP addresses?
Hello! Is there an easy way to determine the IP addresses (or blocks of addresses) that are used by the pskmail servers to retrieve the mail from your email box?

The reason I am asking is that I use an email server that limits access to the POP/IMAP deamon to 'known good' (blocks of) IP addresses. I need to add the pskmail server addresses or the blocks they come from to the list. I have done this for stations that I have been able to reach by looking through the error logs after trying to receive email but would like to add all servers.

73 & thanks for any hints!

Alex ON8ACM