[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: fldigi

  • From: Remi Chateauneu <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:58:36 +0000

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The ARQ interface was introduced into fldigi especially for pskmail,
> which initially used the file system to communicate between the programs.
> The xmlrpc interface came a lot later, and as the ARQ interface has worked
> perfectly from the start there is not any reason to change to xmlrpc.
> It went wrong when fldigi started to use the ARQ interface for AMP-2
> (http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/Amp.2.0.Specification.html).

Beware the link has changed:
http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/flamp/Amp.2.0.Specification.html

"Amateur Multicast Protocol"

Ah, ok, thanks, never heard about it. But instead, why not setting up
a Hayes interface on top of fldigi modems,
and then have an IP interface ? This way, we would have all the
benefit of TCP/IP sockets without
having to reinvent a protocol (Which is usually not a very simple task).

Any new fldigi modem could then be chosen, and thanks to RFID, the
receiver would automatically
switch to the transmitter modem.