[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Server update to 2.2.1

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:49:05 +0200

Hello Rein,

change of offsetfrequency from 1000 Hz to 1500 Hz (Icom, Elecraft K3) did not work in 1.5.29. Committed the fix to 1.5.30. SVN should take care of it when you move to 1.6.0. So this info is only given to make shure nothing gets lost.

Semething else:
Server always tells me "... no mail ..."

When I try the perl routine below, always get a count of -1. Thunderbird email client on the same machine and same settings works fine.

Any idea?

Thank you and 73, Klaus DL4OAH

#!/usr/bin/perl

  use Mail::POP3Client;

  $pop = new Mail::POP3Client( USER     => "pop3@xxxxxxxxxx",
                               PASSWORD => "mypassword",
                               HOST     => "pop3.strato.de",
                               USESSL   => true );

  $a = $pop->Count();             # Number of messages
  print "Count:".$a;

Am 17.05.2014 10:23, schrieb Rein Couperus:
I am still testing the matching client (1.6.0) ...
TXdelay is one of the items which has been fixed...
*Gesendet:* Freitag, 16. Mai 2014 um 21:10 Uhr
*Von:* "Franz Rohrauer" <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
*An:* pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Betreff:* [pskmail] Re: Server update to 2.2.1
Rein,

thanks, server is updated

I tested timing using jpskmail 1.5.29 with fldigi 3.21.76. May be, that following problem is solved in jpskmail 1.5.30, but I can't test it (there is no installer available):

Parameter "TX delay" does not delay TX really! So client's transmitter sends data, before server's RX is ready. Check-sum becomes incorrect and a lot of time is spent for handshaking...

73 de

Franz, oe5rtl

Am 2014-05-16 10:22, schrieb Rein Couperus:

    It is now 6 months since the last server maintenance release, and
    time
    to take another look...
    We have seen some problems with timing on the server, and there
    was also a quirk
    in the ~QUIT routine, which made a clean disconnect difficult.
    I have been testing the 2.1.n server extensively from my remote
    winter location which has a very high noise level (mainly free
    running
    switching power supplies, well kown on large camp sites and in
    harbours...).
    My tests show  that the PSK (and PSKxxxR) modes don't work well in
    harsh surroundings. MFSK modes, especially MFSK16 and THOR22 did
    a lot better when the going got really rough. The main drawbacks
    for these
    modes are rather long latency and critical tuning.
    This triggered a number of tests with DOMINOEX, which does not
    have these
    problems, and as a bonus it has 2x the speed of the FEC modes.
    Tests show
    it works very well. I plan to include DOMINOEX22 and DOMINOEX11 in
    the next
    client release for the version 1 client (the V2 client has no
    DominoEx mode yet),
    and introduce MEMORY ARQ to copy for the lack of FEC.
    Meanwhile, I would propose to update all servers to version 2.2.1,
    which
    already includes mode handling for DominoEx (it generates no error
    messages
    when DomEx modes are used on frequency). It also fixes some problems
    regarding protocol timing and ~QUIT sequence.
    The archive is
    http://www.pskmail.org/downloads/pskmail_server_update-150514.tar.gz,
    it contains new versions of arq.pm and rflinkserver.pl. Just drop
    those into
    /usr/local/share/pskmail_server and you are in business....
    A new version 1 client including DomEx modes is being tested at
    the moment.
    A mode table of PSK500,PSK500R, DOMINOEX22,DOMINOX11,MFSK16 (or
    THOR22)
    seems to work very well, momentarily I am adding some intelligence
    regarding
    the decoding of status frames....