[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: 1.8.1 in use

  • From: IV3ONZ <iv3onz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:00:02 +0000

In win xp the file *configuration.xml* is located in

C:\Documents and Settings\/Proprietario/\pskmail\

where /Proprietario /is your settings folder.

73 de Andy IV3ONZ

Il 24/10/2014 14.50, victor maddex ha scritto:
Hello Andy,

thanks, been tearing my hair out with this today, where is the configuration xml located? or what is it called ?.

Thanks

Vic

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:47:48 +0000
From: iv3onz@xxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: 1.8.1 in use

Hi all,
it seems that jPSKmail 1.8.1 don't save the Igate call and so sometimes the Igate don't work, but opening the configuration.xml file and manual setting the I-gate call, then it works.

73 de Andy IV3ONZ

Il 24/10/2014 9.39, Rein Couperus ha scritto:

    Strange, it works o.k. here (se attached screen pic).
    One peculiarity using the Igate is that you must use a different
    Igate call
    for every server or Igate, the APRS backbone does not allow
    multiple connections for one call.
    In Europe, use the euro.aprs2.net server. It provides a rotating
    connection which prevents
    too heavy load on a specific server.
    The netherlands.aprs2.net server is down momentarily because the
    university building
    has been sold (for the same reason PI4TUE does not exist anymore...)
    Rein PA0R
    Hello Rein,

    sorry to have so many questions, I am working on multiple systems
    and they have different issues with all of them.

    I may revert back to a 1.x system at work then, as long as we can
    get the igate working.

    I have 1.8.1 at the home location, unfortunately when I upgraded
    from 1.5.26 to 1.8.1, the Igate will not connect, it was working
    well with the old version, I have entered an igate call sign and
    ticked the status box, but nothing happens, if I go to preferences
    and save, then close and open jpskmail, the igate call and tick
    boxed are no longer there, could this be a compatibility issue
    with the old config file and the later version?, or is the igate
    function no longer supported?.

    I am trying to create another igate that supports dominox to help
    the system.

    Regards

    Vic
    From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [pskmail] Aw: Re: 1.8.1 in use
    Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:19:31 +0200
    Vic,
    unfortunately jpskmail version 2 does not support DominoEx,
    as the modem is not available in java (yet?).
    That is the main reason why I am concentrating on version 1 with
    fldigi at the moment...
    Rein PA0R
    Hi Rein,

    thanks for the information, I have a copy of jpskmail 2.1.0-f
    running on a PC at my work location, I was hoping to leave this
    running as an additional gate for traffic, it has been running for
    some time now and seems to work well, is there a newer version of
    this second generation software that supports domino ?.

    Regards

    Vic
    From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [pskmail] Aw: 1.8.1 in use
    Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:25:37 +0200
    Vic,
    9A1CRA and OE5RTL are supporting DominoEx modes. You can check
    that easily using the 'ping'
    and  Inquiry ('ctrl-I') commands. Set the client to DOMEX22 mode,
    set the server call and do a ctrl-I.
    When the particular server hears you you will get a confirmation.
    Be sure to set TXrsid ON in fldigi.
    You can make the client stay in DomEx mode by setting the proper
    default mode in Preferences->Mode.
    It helps to send pings at the start of the minute (around X+10s),
    then the server has a minute
    left before it changes mode again after receiving your TXid.
    When afloat, you can set the computer time using the 'latest fix
    time' on the APRS tab.
    Depending on the time of day and the distance to the server, you
    will see that DomEx modes
    suffer less from multipath distortion than PSKxxxR modes. They are
    also less crytical
    with respect to frequency drift.
    You can see which servers are active on
    http://pskmail.org/web/pskmailusers.php.
    You may be too close to many of the German/Dutch servers...
    Your APRS page shows you are being heard by 9A1CRA...
    Rein PA0R

    Hello,

    I have 1.8.1 and the latest fldigi in use for our trip in a couple
    of weeks, all working as expected.

    I can see the dominox modes are now available, and thought that it
    may be worth trying this for APRS, I went into the mode tab in
    jpskmail and selected a dominox mode, fldigi changed mode, but
    shortly after it changed back to 500R before the beacon time came
    round. How would I make it stay in the selected mode?.

    I am currently only seeing beacons from two servers OE5RTL and
    9A1CRA, are they the only ones on currently?

    Do these have code versions in use that will allow decode of the
    domiox modes?

    I was just thinking that if I get time, and changing modes is not
    too difficult, I could try this mode at some point to see if there
    is any difference in performance.

    Thanks for any advise.

    Regards

    Vic