[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Facebook status update using pskmail

  • From: Sander Pool <sander_pool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:55:32 -0400

Yes, I've used APRS email a few times to send an SMS. A bridge from RF to internet to cellphone. Nifty. I think the message needs to be sent to 'EMAIL' though. I've also used the APRS/Winlink2000 bridge which is even nicer as it's two way. Anyway, drifting off-course here for pskmail, sorry.

I hadn't considered the problem of that email dangling there on aprs.fi (and others) for everyone to see and harvest. A little googling didn't yet show a way to get a new email address assigned. Hmm. This might be one of those last resort things. Not sure when posting to FB will ever be that important :-)

Always glad to learn something new, thanks Per and Rein.

73,

   Sander W1SOP

On 7/7/2012 1:44 PM, Rein Couperus wrote:
Emails via APRS is even easier...
Just enter 'adressee@xxxxxxxxxx texttexttext ENTER' in the text entry field...
You don't even need to be connected, as this is an unconnected service.
Only problem is that every server hearing it will send it to the APRS backbone,
which will duplicate the mail. But that is certainly not the problem
when you need to get the message through :-)