[pskmail] Re: Aw: Problem: server does not always transmit

  • From: Franz Rohrauer <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 06:28:42 +0200

Rein,

version causing problems is 3.21.83 (64 Bit). This version is no longer in use here, actually 3.21.81 (64 Bit) is running without any problems but squelch.

In both versions squelch will get switched off 3 - 4 times per day. Would be helpful, if rflinkserver could activate it periodically...

73
Franz, oe5rtl

Am 2014-07-01 09:41, schrieb Rein Couperus:
Franz, which fldigi version are you testing? For 3.21.82AB and up you need a new version of the server which takes care of the new feature... only Per has one at this moment. Will send you
new arq.pm for testing...
Rein
Per,

you are right, I think, we have a bad problem!

Yesterday I connected TRX to dummy-load and analyzed last nights fldigi-debuggers output: my server did not send any beacons between 23.00 GMT and 05.00 GMT!

I can not localize and have no idea: is it a rflinkserver (2.2.2)- or a fldigi (3.21.83)-problem?

see debuggers output in the attachment...

73, Franz, oe5rtl
Am 2014-06-28 15:53, schrieb Pär Crusefalk:

    Hi, I'm away on a short trip but perhaps you could upload to
    subversion? I can send details as soon as I get home. Regarding
    pings my server is testing an experimental fldigi and it does
    receive but not always transmit.

    73 de Per

    Skickat från min Sony Xperia™-smartphone

    ---- Juergen skrev ----
    Hi Franz,
    I've downloaded the bug fixed version of pskmailserver from:
    http://www.pskmail.org/downloads/pskmail_server-2.2.2.tgz ,
    because in the former version APRS Email didn't work. I've
    installed it but the bug was still there.
    Rein (see Email below) wrote, that there are problems with the
    SSL, smtp code, so I changed the perl source of the rflinkserver
    to fix it.
    I've tested it with two big Email providers:
    smtp.gmail.com, Port 465/SSL, Port 587/TLS, Port25/TLS
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com, Port 465/SSL, Port 587/TLS, Port25/TLS

    The connected and the APRS Email worked both now.
    Unfortunately I didn't find an email adress or server location to
    upload the changed rflinkserver in pskmail.org, but I think Rein
    should know more about that matter or do you know something ?

    What new server version do you use ?

    73
    Juergen
    DL8JF

    P.S.: In over 90% of all ping requests in pskmail I sent, I got
    reply from OE5RTL.

    On 06/27/2014 10:26 PM, Franz Rohrauer wrote:

        Hi Juergen,

        this weekend will I reinstall my server. Can I help you?

        Franz, oe5rtl
        Am 2014-06-27 13:27, schrieb Juergen:

            I have a working solution for the gmail smtp stuff.
            Is there a server or an email adress, where I can upload
            the files ?

            73
            Juergen
            DL8JF

            On 06/17/2014 05:51 PM, Rein Couperus wrote:

                Perl SSL as been broken since 2011...
                I have built up a test server to get things going
                again. If there is
                somebody with a working solution for gmail smtp I
                would gratefully accept it :-)
                The 2012 workaround does not seem to work anymore.
                POP mail works, at least on web.de. Should work on
                gmail as well.
                For gmail POP, remember to use the full userid,
                including @gmail...
                The session password does not have to be changed, as
                it is only known
                at the server (encrypted...).
                Stay tuned...