[pskmail] Re: Auth OK?

  • From: Franz Rohrauer <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:44:45 +0200

Dave,

server will suffer from timing-problems. Rein will solve them in next days (see mail from 2014-05-13 17:09). Than I can test settings for gmail-accounts.

73,

Franz, oe5rtl

P.S.: during my tests I could see that server has problems, but I had no idea, where they came from...

Am 2014-05-10 11:42, schrieb moleonacid@xxxxxxxxx:

Hello All,

I have been continuing with my andpskmail attempts and it’s time to pick your brains again. I am most often getting into OE5RTL who is kindly looking into my login problems. I have once got into PI4TUE with a little more success. although normally we can’t hear each other. I can connect to OE5RTL pretty much 100% of the time, but I can’t get much further than being connected.

I have noted that I have never (knowingly) seen the “Auth OK…” message coming back from the server. In the case of OE5RTL I updated the server before I had set a session password. Now I can't seem to update the server with a new set of details, including a session password and a new POP3 password.

I understand that a lot of commands can’t be sent until “Auth OK” is RXed my end. Does this include updating the server? Have I entered a paradox where I can’t get a session password uploaded in order to Authenticate, but I can’t authenticate in order to upload a session password?

I suppose what I’m asking is in what way is a user authenticated when they receive “Auth OK” and why can I not seem to authenticate in this way?

Thanks and 73 de Dave M0MYA.