[pskmail] Auth OK?

  • From: <moleonacid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 09:42:44 +0000

Hello All,

I have been continuing with my andpskmail attempts and it’s time to pick your
brains again.  I am most often getting into OE5RTL who is kindly looking into
my login problems.  I have once got into PI4TUE with a little more success.
although normally we can’t hear each other.  I can connect to OE5RTL pretty
much 100% of the time, but I can’t get much further than being connected.

I have noted that I have never (knowingly) seen the “Auth OK…” message coming
back from the server.  In the case of OE5RTL I updated the server before I had
set a session password.  Now I can't seem to update the server with a new set
of details, including a session password and a new POP3 password.

I understand that a lot of commands can’t be sent until “Auth OK” is RXed my
end.  Does this include updating the server?  Have I entered a paradox where I
can’t get a session password uploaded in order to Authenticate, but I can’t
authenticate in order to upload a session password?

I suppose what I’m asking is in what way is a user authenticated when they
receive “Auth OK” and why can I not seem to authenticate in this way?

Thanks and 73 de Dave M0MYA.