[pskmail] Re: Aprs functionality

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:05:48 +0100

Greg,

The aprs functionality will only work without using RSID TX, we will get
chaos on the channels otherwise.
The wiki page is fairly accurate with respect to listening modes, and all
sysops
are requested to keep it up to date.

To find out if you are being heard on a channel, use ping without RSID.

Default modes in EU are PSK250 for Intermar (e.g. 10148) and PSK500R for
other servers (10147). The servers always beacon in the default mode.
In US I guess the default mode for aprs will be PSK250.

The mode table is at:
http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/PSKmailservers

73,

Rein Pa0R