[pskmail] Re: Antennas

  • From: "Decossas, Michael" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:02:48 -0500

All,
      Although I will be on vacation starting at the end of next week, maybe
some we can do some testing on antennas. Although I live on a small suburban
lot, I would be more than willing to try out some different antennas. I will
also post pictures of each if some pskmailers want to do it.

Maybe start with what is up now, take it down and put up a vertical, maybe a
coupler fed random predominately horizontal wire, etc (other ideas are welcome).

Set 3 or 4 different times to connect, get signal strength ect. on each antenna.

Even though each antenna and location perform differently, we may be able to
identify the most effective antenna for this application (unfortunately, this
may not be the most effective for all locations).

Let me know, I would be more than happy to do this.

Thanks,

Mike-KB5OZE