[pskmail] Re: Andpskmail

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:40:25 +0100

tor 2011-12-22 klockan 18:42 +1100 skrev jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx:
> On 22/12/2011 12:14, John Douyere wrote :
> > Hi Greg,
> > Appreciate the feedback.
> > 1. You are correct, the mode change is an automatic feature, driven by
> > the server, and the downgrade or upgrade of modes is linked to two
> > things:
> > 2. The disconnect issue, first thing to check: does the modem screen
> > show that the ~QUIT command has been sent (the next *TX* line after
> > pressing the disconnect button)? If not I suspect it is related to the
> > client not hearing the server properly, in which case an abort is ok
> > (although not the easiest option).
> > Thanks and 73, John (VK2ETA)
>
> > Hi John,
> Here also I've never been able to disconnect from the left button of the
> terminal screen labelled "connect". After connection is achieved it has
> always remained labelled "connect", I could never read "quit", therefore
> I've allways used the "abort" button to disconnect even if this is not
> considered as courteous but I've no choice.
> After having upgrading regularly I'm now running fldigi-3.21.33 and
> jPSKMail-1.4b.8 both under Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid and Windows XP.
> 73, Jean-Claude - FK8IH

Hi Jean-Claude,

Are you using the french version?
There used to be a problem with the swedish version in that it had the
same word in the list for both connect and disconnect. So it would look
like the button never changed. I have fixed that in the swedish version
but my french is non existant... I can launch it and have my wife check
the french version and if its missing I'll ask her for a new word.

On a side note I think its good if we stay away from buttons that have
different meaning in different situations. I would prefer two buttons,
one for connect and one for disconnect. One of those should be disabled
according to the traffic situation.