[pskmail] Re: After 4 months of waiting, I finally have some good internet

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:44:44 -0600

Rein,

You sure have a wonderful way of spending your holiday time in Spain, working on your pskmail. Thank you! We were in Spain back in October for a week and we sure enjoyed being back there again. That was where my wife wanted to spend our 25th wedding anniversary.

I was at the sailboat today working on the never ending leaks and improving the backstay antenna. Now if I could just get the client and server to cooperate. The client laptop has sound card issues and the server has problems with handling the work load. Fldigi seems to be more of a CPU load than gmfsk. I will have to change computers for the server. I will keep at it until it is all solid.

Please enjoy a glass of Rioja for us back in the U.S.A.

73,
Fred - WB5CON

Rein Couperus wrote:
Good news Jason...

I had a nice session with PI4TUE this afternoon on 30m, a 1500 km path. We had to restart fldigi, which was hanging. Have to keep an eye on that.
Meanwhile I am programming a config dialogue window for the client, so that it
is clear
what has to be configured, and the pskmailrc.pl will be hidden.

I also wrote an fldigi simulator for debugging purposes. It allows to run a
client and a server on 1 machine, and they  can talk to each other via the
simulator. It has adjustable channel quality, and I can see what happens
if the channel gets nasty.

I am now tuning the protocol timing for PSk125, and I had to make a few
enhancements to the protocol because of the higher speed. I am also looking at
some form of memory arq, which combines the info out of bad blocks with ones
that have been repeated.

Getting even better...

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P