[pskmail] Re: APRS message list with old messages

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:28:03 +0200

Il 18/10/2010 17:46, Pär Crusefalk ha scritto:
Hi Franco,

I'm not an APRS expert by any means but its my understanding that these
messages are just picked up and stored by the various websites that do
this (aprs.fi, findu.com, db0anf.de etc). With jpskmail we simply fetch
the list of cached messages from findu. I have not seen a cgi to delete
them there, there is no way in jpskmail now anyway.

In findu.com there is only one message for my callsign. So findu.com delete old messages.

In db0anf.de, which is the site used by PSKMail server I suppose, there is a complete (32) list of very old messages (2010-08-20 is the date of first message).

I will write to db0anf webmaster for this.

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW