[pskmail] A bit OT : which external souncard should I use with pskmail

  • From: F4DLM <jimi.f4dlm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:20:50 +0200

Hi all,

I bought last year an Asus eeePC (1015PX). Unfortunately I didn't pay
attention to audio connectors : there's only one, which you can use
*either* for
input *or* for output. I have a FT817ND and the CAT + audio isolation is
done through a SB-1000 interface (CG Antennas).

At first I bought a "no name" blue USB soundcard dongle. It doesn't work
very well because there's no way to control either the input or the output
volume (or both, I don't remember).

I was wondering if a "all in one" soundcard+CAT system such as a Signalink
SL USB would do the job, provided drivers exist for this particular
soundcard in the different Linux environments mentioned on this list
(Puppy, Lubuntu etc....).

Since I'll soon be in Freidrichshafen, I hope to find a nice deal for this
kind of article, and I would hate to have to buy another netbook just for
the lack of one audio connector.

Thanks in advance for your help.