[pskmail] Re: 300 Baud Rate in the USA

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:17:53 +1100

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for your reply.

I agree with all you said in your email.

My question was specifically directed (and obviously I must have
introduced some confusion there) at the speed of the exchange.

I can spend time making Pskmail faster with new modes or add new
features or new platforms.

But it is a trade-off, hence my question: what is the practical value
of let's say doubling or quadrupling the throughput speed?

These modes would be wider and less sensitive as these go hand in hand
with higher data speed for a given HF link.

73, John