[pskmail] Re: 300 Baud Rate in the USA

  • From: David Kleber <kb3fxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:50:51 -0800 (PST)

On a recent peer to peer test with winmor 1600 on a good channel, it took about
10 minutes to send around 30k of data with few if any retries.  It takes about
10 minutes to send a 6k file with MT63 1k long. So, from my very unofficial
observations, Winmor is 5 times faster than MT63 1k long and should be about
500 wpm, or about the same speed as BPSK500, but with much better accuracy.

-Dave, KB3FXI